Monday, November 20, 2006

 

So It's Not A Big Mahogany Desk...


...it's still mine and free!

Yesterday I was reading a friend's blog post about reorganizing and refurnishing her home office. She was looking for the kind of setup that would allow her to find everything she needed on a regular basis, because she was the "out of sight, out of mind" type.

So am I.

While walking the dog, who gets all whimpery after not going outside for a few days, my neighbor calls me over to ask where I would like a computer desk he had. He was going to chuck it if he couldn't find a home for it.

You could've knocked me over with a cotton ball. It was the type of desk I'd been shopping around for, only it didn't have a price tag of a few hundred bucks. It was a corner desk with an easel-pad stand sort of frame that provided shelf space right above the workstation, where even I couldn't miss it. It took up little enough space so that I could still fit a work table beside it and best of all...it fit in the corner by the window. I could finally make cat sounds at the little birds in the bushes outside.

A few hundred to zero in seconds. Sweet.



Link To This Entry| Email This Entry| Del.icio.us | Digg Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?