Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

Gonzo For Game Boy


My kids can actually walk around the house while intently playing their Game Boys.

Maybe they have "Game Boy sonar" from all those bleeps and pings.

It's amazing to me to see them so wrapped up in personal and portable technology. Much like many adults with their PDAs. My sister-in-law carries her Blackberry everywhere like a newborn. Who would want to be available 24/7? To take an urgent message from someone calling to say "Hi"??

What can't you do with PDAs and cell phones now? They're outfitted with digital cameras, musical ringtones and video. Video?? I'm afraid I may accidentally litter in public and see myself later on the evening news or more likely YouTube.

I get incredulous looks from people when I say I don't have these devices and have no desire for them. It's a little creepy if you ask me. It reminds me of the movie, "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" when they stammer, "Aren't you one of us??"

Besides, I can't decide on a good ringtone.


Link To This Entry| Email This Entry| Del.icio.us | Digg Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?