Friday, December 10, 2004

 

CSI And Life

I don't have much use for TV.

During the day, I'm parked right here. In the evening, I prefer to DO things rather than stare at the tube. In the late evening, I'm right back here.

There's one show I actually try not to miss...CSI.

The original, of course. The one with Marg "You can swab me anytime and anywhere" Helgenberger.

Then politics pop up when a jerk with a vendetta is promoted...

He tries to dig up dirt on Grissom, the team supervisor and trick his staff into ratting him out.
After the smoke clears, the team is split up, the investigator is demoted for not supporting the whole witchhunt, and Marg is promoted to supervisor not of the day shift as she requested, but the second shift, which effectively keeps her from spending time with her daughter.

Marg, I'm here for you. Call me.

All because of one jealous, envious, weaselly jerk.

The saddest part is that isn't just TV. It's life.

When you work for others, you give them all the power. When you work for yourself, you hold that power.

It might be time to think more about that. Just maybe.

Link To This Entry| Email This Entry| Del.icio.us | Digg Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?